COVID-19 NEW OFFICE PROTOCOLS: Ways to Keep You Safe
Prior to your appointment:
You will be required to fill out a COVID-19 Health Questionnaire prior to your appointment.
The forms will be attached to e-mail reminders and will also be available on our website at www.lasmilemakers.com. The Informed Consent will need to be signed only once during the duration of your treatment. The Health Questionnaire must be filled out each time you are scheduled for an appointment with us throughout your treatment. Your response must be received the day before your appointment – if we do not receive these forms, your appointment will need to be rescheduled. Also, if any symptoms exist, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
• Please brush your teeth well at home – the brushing stations in our office will not be available at this time.
• Make sure to bring and wear a mask or a face covering to your appointment.
Entering the Office:
• Please enter the office at your exact appointment time to help reduce a build-up of patients in any one area. The front door will be locked; please knock and someone will let you in. If you arrive late, it is very possible you may not be seen and have your appointment rescheduled.
• Only the patient will be allowed in the office at one time. However, for special circumstances, one parent/guardian is allowed to accompany the patient. Please, do not bring any siblings (unless they have an appointment too).
• Personal masks/face coverings need to be worn by everyone entering the office so please do not forget to bring one from home. Please leave the mask on until instructed to remove it.
• We will be reviewing some health questions with everyone who enters the office (patients and parents/guardians). You will be asked to use hand sanitizer and we will also take your temperature using an infrared thermometer. If you present with a temperature higher than 99.6 degrees, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
For your Appointment:
• Patients will be required to wash their hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds.
• Then patients will be required to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution (Peroxyl) for 60 seconds and then spit the solution back into the cup in order to reduce aerosols.
• When instructed to do so, the patient will be asked to sit in a designated dental chair for the duration of the appointment.
• Parents who wish to be present virtually may FaceTime or Duo with your child prior to or at the end of the appointment if time permits.
• Until we have further guidance and instruction from the California Dental Association and the Los Angeles County of Public Health, we will not be performing any aerosol-creating procedures unless absolutely necessary to reduce the spread of airborne pathogens.
After your Appointment:
• Patients will leave the office in an orderly fashion according to the direction of the staff to prevent patients from passing each other on the way out of the office and violating social distancing rules.
• Patients should use hand sanitizer prior to leaving the office.
• Scheduling of future appointments will be done upon completion of your appointment while still in the office if at all possible.
• If you have any questions about the appointment, please call us to go over the treatment for that day.
If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call. For more information about what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit the World Health Organization website.